Wednesday, June 3, 2009

ArteBA

Being a self proclaimed fan of art and with not much else to do after a long hard day of work, I went to a Contemporary Art Exhibition with my program Road2Argentina last Tuesday. I enjoyed the varied selection of art that was offered and got to take a lot of pictures, while also meeting other people from the program. Upon my arrival to the exhibition I noticed my fly was undone, a reoccurring theme that has come with my old age, and realized that the old lady on the train wasn't smiling at me because of my pretty face. That wouldn't be the end of my laughter though.

Appropriately we don't associate art with laughter, it's meant to be inspiring and emotional. It's not like i don't like this type of art, it's just that every now than it's nice when it can offer something different. Not all of the pieces at the exhibition managed to make me chuckle but there were a select few that made me slap my knee. Their creativity and in some cases downright silliness appealed to me and made me smile. Here are a couple of examples (click to enlarge),








1 comment: